Friday, October 23, 2009

Greune: Texas Clay Festival

Hey! Today we are heading out to Gruene, TX to the 17th annual Clay Festival. This year the clay fest will feature 60 Texas based artists that specialize in throwing, hand-building, Raku firing, sculpture, and more! This is my first year to attend so I will let you know how it goes.

Recent Work: Most recently I have started work on a new wall piece that is based on a photo I took while visiting the Kimball Art Museum in Fort Worth. The photo of pebbles was taken through glass and water so the color is amazing in the shot. I am very excited!

My hunt for graduate schools is going well. I am interested in programs located from New York to New Mexico. It is hard to break it down to what schools I should apply to but I am making progress. It seems that time is my biggest enemy but I know it will all work out in the end.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Z. Miles Mayfield

No comments:

Post a Comment