Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Simple and Clean...Why?

I used to love the simple and clean style for my functional pottery. As this fall came I read an article and it asked, "Why do you choose simple and clean pottery with little altering? Is it because it is what you like? If so, why do you like it?" I found that I could not answer why I loved my simple and clean pottery. Actually, as I thought of it more and more I found it boring. I now try to alter every functional piece I create. This, to me, seems to be more interesting and brought a new element to my "simple" functional pieces.
So, if you are a functional pottery who likes his/her simple and clean functional pottery tell me why. I'm not saying stop making it as I almost have but I do ask, why? Why make something a certain way if we don't know why we are making it that way?
Just a thought. ~ Z. Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment